Stuart was born in Washington, D.C. and has lived in Atlanta since 1975. Stuart graduated from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida in April 1988 with a Bachelor of Science and Administration with a major in Finance and completed his accounting courses at Georgia State University. He has been practicing in public accounting for 17 years.
Stuart is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA).
Stuart has served on the Board of Trustees for Temple Emanuel, the Marcus Jewish Community Center, was Treasurer for the Chattahoochee Junior Football program and currently is the Treasurer for the Chattahoochee Gridiron Program.
During his career, Stuart has worked in the following practice areas:
- Individual taxation
- Corporate taxation
- Partnership taxation
- Retirement plan audits
- Bookkeeping services
- Compilations, reviews and audits
- Implementation of accounting software systems
- General business and financial consulting
- Assistance with hiring of client accounting personnel
- IRS representation
Stuart’s experience includes:
- Working with non-profits, construction companies, and start-ups. He has assisted numerous companies in setting up, organizing, and improving their accounting systems.
- A broad understanding of accounting software and computers, allowing him to assist many of his clients in the implementation of accounting software systems.
- Work on and/or supervision of financial audits in the non-profit, construction, consulting, software and wholesale distribution industries.
- Audits of retirement plans in conjunction with the Department of Labor.
- Representation of numerous individuals and companies before the IRS and various state agencies.
- Working with clients regarding mergers and acquisitions on both the seller side and buyer side.